Mechanical Circulatory Support: A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease 2nd Edition-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $168
By James K Kirklin MD(Author), Joseph G Rogers MD(Author)
Size : 71.86 MB
Offering comprehensive, authoritative coverage of mechanical circulatory support (MCS), this fully revised companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease provides the clinically relevant information you need to effectively use this therapy to treat and manage end-stage heart failure. New editors and authors – experts in both cardiology and cardiovascular surgery – bring you fully up to date with the newest technology and devices, as well as basic science, clinical applications, adverse event monitoring and management, socioeconomic implications, future directions, and more.
- Covers all of the newest techniques, including new-generation devices.
- Discusses the management of common patient problems, highlighting cautions and outcomes, as well as pathophysiology and rationale for treatment.
- Brings you up to speed with the latest coverage of ventricular assist devices (VAD), extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), next-generation centrifugal pumps, and total artificial hearts.
- Provides a complete clinical perspective of the latest scientific breakthroughs and analysis of the current literature.
- Includes coverage of the most recent guidelines and protocols, including MCS for pediatric and congenital heart disease; the Interagency Registry of Mechanically Assisted Circulatory Support (INTERMACS) as a tool to track and advance clinical practice; and cellular, molecular, genomic, and functional changes that occur in the failing heart in response to MCS.
- Presents practical evidence from the registry of thousands of cases to guide cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, emergency physicians, primary care physicians, and other team members on the best management course to follow for each particular patient.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
- Series: Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease
- Hardcover: 314 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 2 edition (October 9, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323566995
- ISBN-13: 978-0323566995