Midwifery Skills at a Glance (At a Glance (Nursing and Healthcare))-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $41
By Patricia Lindsay(Author, Editor), Carmel Bagness(Author, Editor), Ian Peate(Author, Editor)
Size : 177.99 MB
Being an effective midwife requires a range of knowledge and skills, all of which are essential to provide competent and safe care to childbearing women and their infants. Midwifery Skills at a Glance offers an invaluable, straightforward guide for students and practitioners – offering readable, easily digestible information, supported with illustrations throughout to enhance application to practice.
Clear and concise throughout, Midwifery Skills at a Glance covers a wide range of skills – exploring issues such as infection control, personal hygiene care, and safeguarding; assessment, examination and screening skills; how to care for the woman and neonate with complex needs; drug administration and pain relief.
- A comprehensive, highly visual guide to the skills essential for safe, effective, and compassionate midwifery practice
- Written by experts in their field
- Briefly describes each skill and provides clear illustrations — making it an ideal companion in clinical practice
- Offers instruction on the safe use of a wide range of essential skills required to deliver safe, evidence-based maternity care
- Includes service user viewpoints and key points to help consolidate learning and reflect on the experience of receiving care
Written with the student midwife in mind, Midwifery Skills at a Glance is equally invaluable for all others providing care, including Maternity Support Workers, mentors, registered midwives and medical students.
- Series: At a Glance (Nursing and Healthcare)
- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (April 2, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119233917
- ISBN-13: 978-1119233916