Mosby’s Pathology for Massage Therapists, 3e
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Susan G. Salvo (Author)
Written by a massage therapist for massage therapists, Mosby’s Pathology for Massage Therapists, 3rd Edition provides direct information along with focused recommendations. Coverage of over 340 pathologies helps you appropriately
tailor massage treatment, and more than 750 full-color photographs and illustrations make it easier to recognize common pathologies. This edition includes a new chapter on geriatric massage and has been extensively reviewed by over a dozen experts in the massage and medical fields. Written by massage therapy educator and practitioner Susan Salvo, this resource provides the pathology knowledge you need to succeed on licensure and certification exams and in practice.
- A traffic light icon appears before each pathology in the book, designating whether massage is contraindicated (red), local contraindication (yellow), or indicated (green) for that particular pathology.
- Consistent format for each chapter makes it easy to find key information with learning objectives, list of pathologies, system overview, and pathologies, including description, etiology, signs and symptoms, treatment, and massage considerations.
- Student-friendly features in each chapter include learning objectives and self-tests that measure your comprehension.
- Medical Technology boxes highlight special populations, such as clients in wheelchairs or with pacemakers, and explain what the medical device is, and what special precautions or contraindications you should be aware of before working on these clients.
- Spotlight on Research boxes summarize recent studies of massage therapy and its effects.
- Student resources on an Evolve companion website include interactive activities, video clips of techniques, animations, the Body Spectrum coloring book, flashcards, review questions, additional case studies, an image collection, an audio glossary, study tips, stress-busting tips, research updates, and more.
- Mosby’s Pathology for Massage Therapists Online reinforces content covered in the book and provides a dynamic way to learn key concepts, with features including recall activities, rollover glossary terms and definitions, animations, quizzes, and Clinical Tips boxes. (Available separately.)
- Over 300 NEW full-color photographs help you recognize common diseases and conditions.
- UPDATES of commonly seen pathologies include Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, obesity, and post-traumatic stress.
- NEW Aging and Massage chapter reviews key concepts such as frail or robust, discusses palliative care, and reviews the need for treatments specifically geared toward the elderly.
- NEW student-friendly features in each chapter include Think about It, which provides a chance to review real-world cases and consider treatment options; Webquests that introduce useful websites such as Mayo Clinic and the CDC; and Discussion, which challenges you to find answers to thought-provoking questions.
- NEW Clinical Tips boxes provide brief, practical hints gleaned from the author’s first-hand experience in clinical practice.
- NEW 911 boxes prepare you for emergencies such as heart attacks and strokes that may occur in a massage setting.
- NEW Caution boxes serve as a companion to the 911 box, providing tips on how to avoid aggravating specific client conditions and what adjustments to make to ensure successful, safe practice.
- NEW Chat Room boxes include interesting and need-to-know facts on pathologies, quotes, statistics, reminders on important points covered in the text, and more.
- NEW! List of pathologies with page number references is included on the inside front cover for fast lookup of pathologies.
- Paperback: 552 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 3 edition (February 25, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323084729
- ISBN-13: 9780323084727