Neonatal Advanced Practice Nursing: A Case-Based Learning Approach-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $70
This one-of-a-kind learning resource for neonatal nurse practitioner/clinical nurse specialist students, in both academic and clinical settings, uses complex case studies to reinforce the best practices in treating vulnerable neonatal patients. Based on applications and outcomes, the case study approach develops critical thinking and clinical decision making and fosters effective role transition in practice-based disciplines. Authored by leading neonatal nurse practitioner (NNP) educators, these multifaceted, unfolding case studies address and synthesize the most important content covered throughout the NNP curriculum. Additional audiences for this book include interprofessional staff working in Level II and Level III nursery settings.
Beginning with case studies for identifying maternal risk factors, and culminating in case studies for communicating with parents, this text shows a holistic view of caring for neonatal patients. Chapters organized by body system address diseases and disorders and prompt the reader for diagnosis and treatment. Progressing from basic to complex, case studies include objectives, clinical pearls, and critical thinking questions. A robust instructor’s toolkit contains pedagogical strategies for facilitating online discussion, chapter conclusion quizzes, a variety of simulation experiences, and a downloadable image bank is available.
- Uses a complex case-based learning approach for neonatal advanced practice nursing–the first book to do so
- Authored by leading NNP educators
- Provides 40 to 50 case studies synthesizing key content areas
- Helps prepare students for effective role transition
- Includes a robust instructor’s toolkit and image bank that can be used in online courses
- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 1 edition (November 21, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 082619415X
- ISBN-13: 978-0826194152