Occupational Therapy in Mental Health: A Vision for Participation 2nd Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $135
By Catana Brown PhD OTR/L FAOTA(Author), Virginia C. Stoffel PhD OT FAOTA(Author), Jaime Munoz PhD OTR/L FAOTA(Author)
Size : 37.82 MB
- Uses the Person-Environment-Occupation (PEO) model as a framework to promote the full participation in the lives of individuals with mental illness and those struggling with psychosocial issues related to their disabilities.
- Features first-person “The Lived Experience,” narratives that give voice to the experience of living with a mental illness
- Incorporates “Photo Voice” features, a blend of photography and personal stories that enable individuals to record their visions and experiences to promote dialogue about important issues.
- Addresses co-occurring conditions such as depression, stroke, substance abuse and spinal cord injury, and attention deficit disorder and learning disabilities.
- Promotes best practices with “Evidence-Based Practice “boxes that synthesize significant research and implications for practice.
- Offers extensive information on theory and evidence-based interventions
- Employs active learning strategies to facilitate the application of knowledge, skills, and attitudes essential for mental health and psychosocial interventions.
- Addresses occupational therapy in a variety of practice settings for individuals from all cultures across the life span.
- Discusses non-diagnosis-based populations, such as the homeless, as well as the continuum of care from institution or hospital to the community.
- Hardcover: 1040 pages
- Publisher: F.A. Davis Company; 2 edition (February 5, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0803659164
- ISBN-13: 978-0803659162