Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $189
By Kevin W. Finkel(Author), Mark Anthony Perazella MD(Author), Eric P Cohen MD(Author)
Size : 32.15 MB
Kidney disease and cancer are frequent comorbidities that require specialized knowledge and expertise from both the nephrologist and the oncologist. Written by three pioneers in this growing subspecialty, Onco-Nephrology provides authoritative, definitive coverage of the mechanism and management of these two life-threatening diseases. This unique, single-volume resource covers current protocols and recommends management therapies to arrest kidney failure and allow oncologic treatments to continue and succeed.
- Addresses acute and chronic kidney diseases that develop from a variety of cancers. This includes direct kidney injury from the malignancy, paraneoplastic effects of the cancer, and various cancer agents used to treat the malignancy.
- Discusses key issues regarding kidney disease in patients with cancer, including conventional chemotherapeutic regimens and new novel therapies (targeted agents and immunotherapies) or the malignancies themselves that may promote kidney injury; patients with chronic kidney disease who acquire cancer unrelated to renal failure; and kidney transplantation, which has been shown to carry an increased risk of cancer.
- Contains dedicated chapters for each class of the conventional chemotherapeutic agents, targeted cancer agents, and cancer immunotherapies including the basic science, pathogenic mechanisms of injury, clinical manifestations, and treatment.
- Includes special chapters devoted to the individual classes of chemotherapies that relate to kidney disease for quick reference. Discusses increasingly complex problems due to more numerous and specialized anti-cancer drugs, as well as increased survival rates for both cancer and renal failure requiring long-term patient care.
- Covers anti-VEGF (antivascular endothelial growth factor) agents and cancer immunotherapies – treatments that are being recognized for adverse kidney effects.
- Utilizes a clear, logical format based on the ASN Core Curriculum for Onco-Nephrology, making this reference an excellent tool for board review, as well as a practical resource in daily practice.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Hardcover: 384 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 1 edition (September 16, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323549454
- ISBN-13: 978-0323549455