Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Case Studies for Advanced Practice Nurses-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $60
This one-of-a-kind book delivers challenging, clinically relevant case-based learning tools regarding orthopedics and sports medicine for advanced practice nursing students and practitioners. Written by nurse practitioner/educators, it fills a gap in information and guidelines for treatment of this population in primary and acute care environments. Cases across the life span cover areas of orthopedics and sports medicine most likely to be encountered.
Cases are described in depth to foster a comprehensive learning experience and to facilitate inductive and deductive critical reasoning. Each follows a template that encompasses the context for the case, chief patient complaints and history, physical assessment findings, diagnostic evaluation, interventions, evaluation of care, and outcome. An accompanying teaching guide aids instructors in accelerating critical thinking.
- Fills an identified gap in the available literature on orthopedics and sports medicine
- Reflects both primary care and acute care across the life span
- Includes referral red flags and scope of practice for each case
- Formats cases for both inductive and deductive reasoning
- Offers a focused instructors manual to facilitate meaningful learning
- Paperback: 207 pages
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 1 edition (August 10, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0826122531
- ISBN-13: 9780826122537