Overcoming Ovarian Cancer Chemoresistance (ISSN Book 10)-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $175
By Goli Samimi(Editor), Christina Annunziata(Editor)
Size : 1.87 MB
Overcoming Ovarian Cancer Chemoresistance presents non-overlapping review chapters that discuss the state of the field in overcoming chemoresistance of ovarian cancer and treatment options before and following recurrence, considering the genetic makeup of the ovarian cancer patient and her tumor. With the uptake of both germline and somatic gene testing, clinicians can obtain a more comprehensive understanding of ovarian tumors and this book provides information to link the genetic makeup of a tumor (or patient) with the best available treatment.
The book discusses topics such as strategies to fight chemo-resistance in ovarian cancer, circulating DNA as a monitor of response, BRCA mutations, ovarian cancer stem cells, immunotherapy and vaccines. Additionally, it brings a list of promising agents at clinical and pre-clinical stage that will impact the treatment in the near future.
This book is a valuable source for cancer researchers, oncologists and several members of biomedical field who need to understand how to battle chemoresistance in ovarian cancer.
- Provides a comprehensive view of both biological and genetic determinants of resistance, as well as technical approaches to monitor response
- Discusses genetic reversions as a unique alteration and a new field of study
- Includes a chapter on upcoming and promising agents that are in the pre-clinical and early clinical space, to set the stage for future directions in the field
- Hardcover : 188 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0128198400
- ISBN-13 : 978-0128198407
- Item Weight : 15.9 ounces
- Publisher : Academic Press; 1st edition (December 3, 2020)
- Language: : English