Pathology and Intervention in Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, 2e-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $81
Design and implement a rehab program on your own with Pathology and Intervention in Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, 2nd Edition. Part of Magee’s popular Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Series, this pathology text for physical therapists provides clear guidance on patient management relative to specific musculoskeletal pathology, injury, and illness ― all based on a sound understanding of basic science and principles of practice. It focuses on the specific pathologies most often seen in the clinic, and discusses the best methods for intervention for the different areas of the body in the context of the tissue-healing model. Each intervention features a rationale, along with the pathology and problem presented; stage of healing; evidence in the literature; and clinical reasoning considerations.
- Dedicated and focused information on the specific pathologies most often seen in the clinic , as well as the best methods for intervention for the different areas of the body, minimizes duplication of information by referring you to other titles in the Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Series for basic scientific information regarding inflammation, healing, tissue deformation, and the development of muscular strength and endurance.
- Trusted experts in musculoskeletal rehabilitation, along with internationally recognized contributors, present the best evidence behind contemporary interventions directed toward the treatment of the impairments and functional limitations associated with acute, chronic, and congenital musculoskeletal conditions occurring across the lifespan.
- Evidence-based content, with over 4,000 references, supports the scientific principles for rehabilitation interventions, providing the best evidence for the management of musculoskeletal pathology and injury.
- NEW! The Skin and Wound Healing chapter looks at the numerous tools available to assist in objectively monitoring and treating a patient with an acute or chronic wound.
- NEW! Rotator Cuff Pathology chapter highlights the anatomy, function, and etiology of the rotary cuff, and addresses rotary cuff injuries, physical examination, and non-operative and operative treatment.
- UPDATED! Substantially revised chapter on the Thoracic Ring Approach™ facilitates clinical reasoning for the treatment of the thoracic spine and ribs through the assessment and treatment of thoracic spine disorders and how they relate to the whole kinetic chain.
- UPDATED! Revised Lumbar Spine – Treatment of Motor Control Disorders chapter explores some of the research evidence and clinical reasoning pertaining to instability of the lumbar spine so you can better organize your knowledge for immediate use in the clinical setting.
- UPDATED! Significantly revised chapter on the treatment of pelvic pain and dysfunction presents an overview of specific pathologies pertaining to the various systems of the pelvis ― and highlights how “The Integrated Systems Model for Disability and Pain” facilitates evidence-based management of the often complex patient with pelvic pain and dysfunction.
- NEW! Musculoskeletal Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors chapter covers common bones tumors, anatomic considerations and rehabilitation, pediatric patients, and amputation related to cancer.
- UPDATED! Thoroughly revised chapters with additional references ensure you get the most recent evidence and information available.
- NEW! Full color design and illustration program reflects what you see in the physical world to help you recognize and understand concepts more quickly.
- Series: Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Hardcover: 1240 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 2 edition (December 4, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323310729
- ISBN-13: 978-0323310727