Pathology for Toxicologists: Principles and Practices of Laboratory Animal Pathology for Study Personnel-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $122
Non-pathologists, such as toxicologists and study personnel, can find it difficult to understand the data they receive from pathologists. Toxicological pathologists write long, detailed and highly technical reports. Study personnel are under daily pressure to decide whether lesions described in pathology reports are treatment-related and thus important to the pharmaceutical company or whether the lesions are background changes and thus of little significance.
Written by experienced toxicological pathologists, Pathology for Toxicologists: Principles and Practices of Laboratory Animal Pathology for Study Personnel serves to bridge the gap in the understanding of pathology data, enabling non-pathologists to more easily comprehend pathology reports, better integrate pathology data into final study reports and ask pathologists relevant questions about the test compound.
This succinct, fully referenced, full colour book is suitable for toxicologists at all stages of their training or career who want to know more about the pathology encountered in laboratory animals used in safety studies. Key features include important chapters on spontaneous and target organ lesions in rats, mice, non-human primates, mini pigs, rabbits and beagle dogs as well as information on general pathology, macroscopic target organ lesions, ancillary pathology techniques, haematology, biochemistry and adversity.
Pathology for Toxicologists: Principles and Practices of Laboratory Animal Pathology for Study Personnel includes:
- Colour diagrams explaining how lesions are caused by either external compounds or spontaneously
- The anatomic variations and background lesions of laboratory animals
- Advice on sampling tissues, necropsy, ancillary pathology techniques and recording data
- A chapter on the haematology and biochemistry of laboratory animals
- Full colour photographs of common macroscopic lesions encountered in laboratory animals
- A comprehensive glossary
- Hardcover: 216 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (May 1, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118755413
- ISBN-13: 978-1118755419