Pathophysiology of Disease An Introduction to Clinical Medicine, Sixth Edition (ORIGINAL PDF)
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Stephen J. McPhee (Author), Gary D. Hammer (Author)
NOW in full color!
A complete case-based review of the essentials of pathophysiology – covering all major organs and systems
4 STAR DOODY’S REVIEW!
“This is a great addition to the ranks of pathophysiology books for graduate students in medicine. It also is useful as a reference while on the wards as a memory jogger for basic anatomy, physiology, and pathology of common diseases. The addition of the full-color diagrammatic illustrations and tables and the expanded case studies make the e book aesthetically pleasing and easily navigable. Overall, this is a great book to have on hand for the preclinical years, clinical years, and beyond!”–Doody’s Review Service
This trusted text introduces you to clinical medicine by reviewing the pathophysiologic basis of the signs and symptoms of 100 diseases commonly encountered in medical practice. Each chapter first describes normal function of a major organ or organ system, then turns attention to the pathology and disordered physiology, including the role of genetics, immunology, and infection in pathogenesis. Underlying disease mechanisms are described, along with their systems, signs, and symptoms, and the way these mechanisms themselves determine the most effective treatment.
This unique interweaving of physiological and pathological concepts will put you on the path towards thinking about signs and symptoms in terms of their pathologic basis, giving you an understanding of the “whys” behind both illness and treatment.
- NEW full-color presentation
- 111 case studies (22 new ones) provide an opportunity for you to test your understanding of the pathophysiology of each clinical entity discussed
- A complete chapter devoted to detailed analyses of the cases
- “Checkpoint” review questions appear throughout every chapter
- Numerous tables and diagrams encapsulate important information
- References for each chapter topic
- NEW sections in the chapters on liver disease and inflammatory rheumatic diseases and a completely rewritten chapter on male reproductive tract disorders
Visit www.LangeTextbooks.com to access MP3 audio cases and other valuable resources.
- Series: Pathophysiology of Disease
- Paperback: 768 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Medical; 6 edition (October 20, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780071621670
- ISBN-13: 9780071621670