Pediatric Acute Care: A Guide to Interprofessional Practice 2nd Edition-Original PDF
Amazon Price $142
By Beth Nachtsheim Bolick DNP PPCNP-BC CPNP-AC FAAN(Editor), Karin Reuter-Rice PhD CPNP-AC FCCM FAAN(Editor), Maureen A. Madden MSN RN CPNP-AC CCRN FCCM(Editor), Paul N. Severin MD FAAP(Editor)
Size : 42.17 MB
Stay up-to-date on the latest evidence and clinical practice in pediatric acute care with the definitive textbook in the field. Now in its second edition, Pediatric Acute Care: A Guide for Interprofessional Practice takes an evidence-based, interprofessional approach to pediatric acute care as it exemplifies the depth and diversity that’s needed for the dynamic healthcare environments in which acutely ill children receive care. Coverage includes how to work with the pediatric patient and family, major acute care disorders and their management, emergency preparedness, common acute care procedures, and much more. With contributions from more than 200 practicing clinicians and academic experts, it represents a wide variety of disciplines including medicine, nursing, pharmacy, child life, nutrition, law, integrative medicine, education, public health, and psychology, among others. The second edition also features the addition of new physician and nurse practitioner co-editors as well as extensive content updates including updated evidence-based content throughout the text, the integration of the 2016 IPEC Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice, a new full-color design, and new vivid illustrations throughout.
- UNIQUE! Interprofessional collaborative approach includes contributions from more than 200 practicing clinicians and academic experts from the U.S. and Canada, including nursing, medicine, pharmacy, child life, nutrition, law, integrative medicine, education, public health, and psychology.
- Consistent organization within disorder chapters begins with a section on Physiology and continues with sections on Pathophysiology, Epidemiology and Etiology, Presentation, Differential Diagnosis, Diagnostic Studies, and a Plan of Care that include Therapeutic Management, Consultation, Patient and Family Education and Disposition and Discharge Planning.
- Comprehensive content spanning five units divides coverage into introductory information, the approach to the pediatric patient and family, major acute care disorders and their management, emergency preparedness, and common acute care procedures.
- NEW! Updated evidence-based content has been added throughout to ensure that you’re up-to-date on all topics needed to provide care for pediatric patients in acute, inpatient, emergency, transport, and critical care settings.
- NEW! Full-color design and illustrations enhance learning and make content easier to navigate and digest.
- NEW! Integration of the 2016 IPEC Core Competencies ensure that you’re learning the professional skills and protocols required for effective, contemporary interprofessional collaborative practice.
- UPDATED! Streamlined procedures unit focuses more sharply on need-to-know content.
- Paperback: 1280 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 2 edition (July 6, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323673325
- ISBN-13: 978-0323673327