Perinatal and Pediatric Respiratory Care, 3e
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Brian K. Walsh RRT-NPS ACCS FAARC (Author), Michael P. Czervinske BSRT RRT-NPS (Author), Robert M. DiBlasi RRT-NPS (Author)
With the in-depth coverage you need, this text helps you provide quality treatment for neonates, infants and pediatric patients. It discusses the principles of neonatal and pediatric respiratory care while emphasizing clinical application. Not only is this edition updated with the latest advances in perinatal and pediatric medicine, but it adds a new chapter on pediatric thoracic trauma plus new user-friendly features to simplify learning.
- A comprehensive approach covers all of the major topics of respiratory care for neonates, infants and children, including both theory and application
- Exam preparation is enhanced by the inclusion of the content in the exam matrix for the NBRC’s neonatal/pediatric specialty exam.
- A streamlined, logical organization makes it easy to build a solid foundation of knowledge.
- Unique Pediatric Thoracic Trauma chapter focuses on common forms of thoracic trauma, a condition that accounts for 5-10% of admissions to pediatric trauma centers.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter highlight what you should learn by breaking down key content into measurable behaviors, criteria, and conditions.
- Assessment questions in each chapter are written in the NBRC multiple-choice style as found on the neonatal and pediatric specialty exam, with answers, page references, and rationales available on a companion Evolve website.
- Case studies help you master the more difficult areas of care for neonatal and pediatric disorders.
- New learning features and a fresh look make this text easier to study and use.
- A companion Evolve website includes links to related sites for further research and study.
- Paperback: 840 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 3rd edition (July 1, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1416024484
- ISBN-13: 9781416024484