Phacoemulsification and Intraocular Lens Implantation – Original PDF+ 1GB mp4 Videos
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $199.99
by William J. Fishkind (Author)
Phacoemulsification, the gold standard for cataract extraction, is highly successful. However, the procedure is not without risks and complications. Poor visual outcome, retinal detachment, infection, diplopia, and cornea and iris problems may pose considerable challenges. Additional potential problems arise from implanting the intraocular lens (IOL).
Edited by a renowned master surgeon and educator in the field, and authored by a remarkable cast of cataract experts, this is the definitive text on managing cataract surgery, with practical guidance on recognizing and managing complications, should they arise. Experts demonstrate the right way to perform phacoemulsification and diverse surgical and intraocular lens implantation procedures in order to reduce risk and improve patient outcome.
This second edition is greatly expanded in size and scope to accomodate the latest state-of-the-art methodologies and refinements in surgical strategies. Since the first edition was published, new techniques for refractive cataract surgery, vitrectomy, IOL exchange, and management of IOL implantation without capsular bag support have been improved. Additionally, new technologies have been introduced such as optical coherence tomography, FLACS (femtosecond laser surgery), and implantation of toric and multifocal refractive IOLs, as well as methods to improve IOL power calculation and decision making.
- A stellar group of national and internationally renowned eye surgeons provide invaluable clinical pearls gleaned from years of refining procedures
- Surgical videos further elucidate the most optimal surgical strategies
- More than 600 superb illustrations
- Management of challenges including small pupils, IFIS, zonular weakness, inadequate capsular support, vitrectomy, corneal burns, high astigmatism, dysphotopsias, and endophthalmitis
This invaluable reference will help opthalmologists refine their expertise, resulting in fewer risks and more efficacious outcomes. It is a must-have resource for opthalmology residents and proficient surgeons alike.
- Pages: 528 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 2 edition (April 5, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 162623129X
- ISBN-13: 978-1626231290