Physical Diagnosis of Pain 4th Edition-Original PDF
By Steven D. Waldman(Author)
With a practical focus on how a clinician evaluates pain – “what is it?” rather than “where is it?” – Physical Diagnosis of Pain, 4th Edition, remains your most authoritative source for guidance in this key area of pain management. In this award-winning reference, internationally recognized pain expert Dr. Steven Waldman takes you step by step through the evaluation and diagnosis of more than 280 pain-related conditions based on physical signs. Concise, superbly illustrated chapters help you rapidly diagnose pathology based on physical techniques rather than relying on imaging alone.
- Examines the full range of pain-related conditions in the cervical spine, shoulder, elbow, forearm, wrist and hand, chest wall, thorax and thoracic spine, lumbar spine, abdominal wall and pelvis, hip, knee, ankle and foot.
- Follows a consistent format in each chapter for quick reference: anatomy, inspection, palpation, and range of motion, followed by relevant special tests.
- Features hundreds of high-quality radiographic images, clinical photos, and color line drawings to demonstrate the physical exam clearly and simply.
- Contains 34 new chapters, including The Finger Flexion Test for Cervical Myelopathy, The Keibler Anterior Slide Test for SLAP Lesions, The Biceps Entrapment Test for Biceps Entrapment, The Tethered Thumb Test for de Quervain Tenosynovitis, The Direct Pressure Spring Test for Osteitis Pubis, The Hip Lag Sign for Gluteus Medius Tear, The Beatty Test for Piriformis Syndrome, Foucher’s Sign for Baker Cyst, and many more.
- Includes dozens of real-time videos of Dr. Waldman and his staff performing physical examination techniques, providing expert, how-to-do-it guidance.
- Winner – 2016 BMA Medical Book Awards First Prize in Anesthesia.
- Item Weight : 1.74 pounds
- Hardcover : 468 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323712606
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323712606
- Publisher : Elsevier; 4th Edition (December 15, 2020)
- Language: : English