Pocket Reference for The 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes, 3e
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Tim Phalen (Author), Barbara J Aehlert RN BSPA (Author)
This handy reference puts essential information at your fingertips! Pocket Reference for the 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes, 3rd Edition helps you recognize ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) by introducing the 5-step approach to 12-lead analysis, making it faster and easier to learn 12-lead interpretation. Clear and concise, this book provides a simple, step-by-step approach along with tables, illustrations, and practice 12-lead ECGs to help you determine the likelihood of the presence of STEMI versus imposters or other causes of ST elevation. Written by two well-known educators, Tim Phalen, a paramedic, and Barbara J. Aehlert, a nurse, this pocket reference is available separately or as a package with its corresponding textbook, The 12-Lead ECG in Acute Coronary Syndromes Text, 3rd Edition.
- A clear, succinct, pocket-sized approach makes it easy to identify possible ST segment elevation myocardial infarction, determine the likelihood of the top STEMI imposters, and confidently categorize the ECG.
- Streamlined explanation of STEMI recognition includes an emphasis on STEMI imposters (non-infarct causes of ST elevation).
- Full-color illustrations clearly depict concepts and skills.
- Updated approach to ECG interpretation helps you determine STEMI versus other causes of ST elevation.
- NEW 5-step approach simplifies how to determine non-infarct causes of ST elevation, whether STEMI or STEMI imposter(s).
- NEW content in Suspecting STEMI chapter includes identifying the J-Point, determining ST elevation, Lead “Views,” suspecting STEMI, and additional STEMI ECG changes.
- NEW content in STEMI Imposters chapter includes the top 5 STEMI imposters, ruling out the top STEMI imposters, and a 5-step analysis.
- NEW content in STEMI Imposters chapter includes the coronary artery anatomy, right ventricular infarction, posterior infarction, and obtaining additional leads.
- NEW Practice ECGs chapter is devoted to practicing the 5-step approach.
- NEW Practice ECGs chapter and 23 new 12-lead practice ECGs help you develop skills in 12-lead ECG recognition.
- NEW Key Point! boxes call attention to essential information.
- Paperback: 96 pages
- Publisher: Mosby/JEMS; 3 edition (March 9, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323077846
- ISBN-13: 9780323077842