Practical Essentials of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy, 3e
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
K.S. Clifford Chao MD (Author)
The third edition of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy was written to enhance the reader’s understanding of the cutting-edge technology of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy. It is designed to both update old readers and inform new readers about the complexities and details of clinical management.
This completely updated edition provides a step-by-step, practical approach to the use of IMRT in the evaluation and treatment of cancer patients. Because of IMRT’s ability to employ individually controlled beamlets, it is an extremely promising technique, especially when paired with CT, PET, and/or MRI. With these improved procedures, doctors and clinicians will be able to take high resolution images of tumors while minimizing dosages to surrounding tissue.
In order to focus on the most up to date IMRT techniques, the introductory chapters have been condensed to provide a brief overview of IMRT physics, mechanics and quality assurance, and also CT and MR imaging. To help assist in clinical decision-making it provides the reader with more than 700 full-color illustrations, IMRT tables and clear, straightforward descriptions that address a range of tumor types and sites including head and neck, urinary, and gynecologic cancers.
• Anatomy and anatomical imaging supports your understanding of IMRT and its advantages
• Over 700 high-quality, full-color illustrations to assist in clinical decision-making and over 90 new patient treatment graphics, updated in full-color
• New chapters on anatomy and normal tissue complications, CNS, pancreas, rectum, and anal cavity
• A new chapter on molecular imaging, focusing on new PET tracers for image-guided therapy
• Updated with new clinical data; review of current IMRT literature summarized in tables
• Includes clinical indications, image interpretation, target delineation, and plan optimization to help refine techniques, pinpoint treatment areas, and improve outcomes
• New Chapters on pancreatic, rectal, and anal canal cancers included, with a focus on IMRT’s treatment of these diseases
• Chapters on breast and gynecological cancer are completely rewritten to include pertinent information on technique and application
- Hardcover: 432 pages
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; Third, None edition (October 29, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1451175817
- ISBN-13: 9781451175813