Post Views: 0
Present and Future of High Pressure Processing: A Tool for Developing Innovative, Sustainable, Safe and Healthy Foods-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $150
By Francisco J. Barba(Editor), Carole Tonello-Samson(Editor), Eduardo Puértolas(Editor), María Lavilla(Editor)
Size : 28.27 MB
Developed for academic researchers and for those who work in industry, Present and Future of High Pressure Processing: A Tool for Developing Innovative, Sustainable, Safe, and Healthy Foods outlines innovative applications derived from the use of high-pressure processing, beyond microbial inactivation. This content is especially important for product developers as it includes technological, physicochemical, and nutritional perspectives.
This book specifically focuses on innovative high-pressure processing applications and begins with an introduction followed by a section on the impact of high-pressure processing on bioactive compounds and bioaccessibility/bioavailability. The third section addresses the ways in which high-pressure processing can assist in the reduction of toxins and contaminants, while the fourth section presents opportunities for the use of high-pressure processing in the development of healthy and/or functional food. This reference concludes with an analysis of the challenges regarding the use of high-pressure processing as an innovative application.
• Explores the use of high-pressure processing as a tool for developing new products.
• Outlines the structure and improved functional properties provided by high-pressure processing.
• Illustrates potential applications and future trends of high-pressure processing.
• Explains the mechanisms that influence the impact of high-pressure processing.
• Highlights the optimal conditions for high-pressure processing to develop certain food products.
• Defines the challenges and future perspectives in the use of high-pressure processing for food product development.
- Paperback : 426 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0128164050
- ISBN-13 : 978-0128164051
- Item Weight : 1.94 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 8.5 x 10.88 inches
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st Edition (September 3, 2020)
- Language: : English