Principles of Pulmonary Medicine, 7e-Original PDF
Amazon Price $74
By Steven E. Weinberger MD MACP FRCP(Author), Barbara A. Cockrill MD(Author), Jess Mandel MD FACP(Author)
Size : 12.3 MB
With an emphasis on the pathophysiologic basis of pulmonary disease, Principles of Pulmonary Medicine, 7th Edition, by Drs. Steven E Weinberger, Barbara A Cockrill, and Jess Mandel, provides a superbly illustrated introduction to this fast-changing field. This essential text employs a concise and understandable approach, integrating clinical topics with underlying physiologic, pathophysiologic, and basic science concepts critical for medical students, trainees, and those looking for a practical update on both acute and chronic pulmonary diseases
- Offers access to extensive online resources, including author commentaries, video clips, audio recordings of lung sounds, and 200 case-based self-assessment questions – covering topics including pulmonary function tests, physiologic data, and arterial blood gas testing and modeled after the USMLE exam.
- Discusses therapeutic strategies, including the available evidence for assessing relative benefits, harms, and costs, where appropriate.
- Provides an excellent visual basis for understanding and interpreting pulmonary disease with easy-to-understand anatomic illustrations and accompanying radiologic and pathophysiologic images.
- Covers all that’s new in the field, including new CT lung cancer screening guidelines; new concepts in the pathogenesis of asthma, interstitial lung disease, and other pulmonary diseases; and evolving therapies for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, and advanced lung cancer.
- Features updated information on the expanded use of advanced interventional pulmonology (bronchoscopic) procedures, improvements in precision treatment of lung tumors based on genetic profiles, and new and emerging infections with respiratory involvement.
- Covers hot topics such as lung tumor treatment, including use of genetic markers and immunotherapy; lung cancer screening reflecting the latest guidelines on who, how, and when to screen; and newer bronchoscopic procedures, such as navigational bronchoscopy.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Paperback: 424 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 7 edition (February 15, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323523714
- ISBN-13: 978-0323523714