Professional Communication in Speech-Language Pathology: How to Write, Talk, and Act Like a Clinician, Fourth Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $89
By A. Embry Burrus(Author), Laura B. Willis(Author)
Size : 8.77 MB
In Professional Communication in Speech-Language Pathology: How to Write, Talk, and Act Like a Clinician, Fourth Edition, the authors introduce student clinicians to the various types of written and verbal communication they will encounter across three different clinical settings: university clinics, medical settings, and public schools. The text is written in a student-friendly manner, with appendices that provide examples of diagnostic and treatment reports, data sheets, and important acronyms in medical and school settings. Chapters cover verbal interactions with families, allied professionals, and supervisors, as well as written and verbal communication across the university, medical, and school settings. Also included are scenarios written in the form of vignettes that address issues of ethics, interviewing, and procedures for managing protected health information.
New to the Fourth Edition
- New pedagogical features (chapter learning outcomes and reflection questions).
- References and content updated throughout to reflect the current state of research and evidence-based practice.
- Updated information regarding current requirements and policies for written documentation.
- Expanded information regarding HIPAA and the ASHA Code of Ethics.
- Expanded content regarding interacting with supervisors and generational differences.
- Material on methods for improving writing and editing
- Numerous additional examples to further clarify the content and portions reorganized for greater flow of information.
- Content has been edited to be more concise and reader friendly.
- A PluralPlus companion website which includes PowerPoint lecture slides, reflection questions, and active learning activities.
NOTE: This book comes with supplementary content on a PluralPlus companion website. If you purchase or rent a used copy of the printed book, the code to access the website printed inside the book may have been previously redeemed/used or be incorrect and you will not be able to use it. To guarantee access to the website, it is recommended you purchase a new copy of this book.
- Paperback: 286 pages
- Publisher: Plural Publishing; 4 edition (May 20, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1635501687
- ISBN-13: 978-1635501681