Psychiatric Case Studies for Advanced Practice-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $69
By Kathleen Prendergast (Author)
Size : 3.02 MB
Get much-needed exposure to real-world clinical scenarios and psychiatric evaluations, with this invaluable guide to positive, effective psychiatric advance practice nursing care.
For an expert guide to providing patient-centered, evidence-based psychiatric care, keep Psychiatric Case Studies for Advanced Practice by your side.
Practical and easy-to-follow, these more than 50 case scenarios clearly display the complaints, diagnoses, and treatments of the most common psychiatric disorders, supporting the critical decision-making skills of nurses practicing in a broad range of settings. Psychiatric, family, emergency, and general practice nurse practitioners of all experience levels will find this an invaluable aid for creating an informed, holistic practice.
Follow the real-life cases and expert analysis of psychiatric patients of a wide variety of ages, backgrounds, and conditions . . .
- Real-world child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric inpatient and outpatient psychiatric case studies that emphasize problem-based learning and an evidence-based practice
- Current diagnostic content from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition (DSM-5), that includes DSM-5’s newer diagnoses—gender dysphoria, binge eating disorder, and autism spectrum, plus current treatments for alcohol and opiate addiction
- Sample routine screening tools that offer convenient checklists and handouts to support patient treatment
- Content presented in a simple format—organized by age and indexed by diagnostic category for quick reference
- Each case presented in a standard format: chief complaint, history, mental status, diagnosis, differential diagnosis, treatment plan, and rationale for treatment prescribed—with questions at the end that guide you to create a diagnosis using the DSM-5
- Cases addressing a wide range of disorders and supporting all experience levels in a variety of treatment settings—counseling centers, correctional facilities, homeless shelters, inpatient psychiatric units, and hospital consultation and liaison services
- Treatments and rationales that represent current, evidence-based research—treatment sections divided into psychopharmacology, diagnostic tests, referral, psychotherapy, and psychoeducatio
- Supplemental teaching tool for graduate psychiatric nurse practitioner/APN programs
About the Authors
Kathleen M. Prendergast, MSN, RN, APN, PMHNP-BC, is a former Instructor in Clinical Nursing, Columbia University School of Nursing, New York; a Psychiatric Consultant at Seton Hall University Counseling and Psychological Services; and a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner at Caldwell University Counseling Center in Caldwell, New Jersey.
Kasey Jackman, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC, is Postdoctoral Research Fellowin Nursing at Columbia University School of Nursing in New York City, and has taught courses in the psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner program. Dr. Jackman is a psychiatric nurse practitioner at a psychiatric hospital and has previously worked in out-patient, partial hospital, and private practices
- Paperback: 372 pages
- Publisher: LWW; First edition (May 19, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1496367820
- ISBN-13: 978-1496367822