Psychology and Sociology Applied to Medicine: An Illustrated Colour Text 4th Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $41
By Edwin van Teijlingen MA MEd PhD(Author), Gerald M Humphris PhD MClinPsychol CPsychol FRCP Edin(Author)
Size : 11.28 MB
Now in its fourth edition, this definitive and popular introduction to human behaviour in the context of health and illness includes three new chapters, many new contributors and a new co-editor.
It is arranged in nine sections to cover the core concepts of psychology and sociology as they apply to medicine.
- The life cycle
- Development of the person
- Society and health
- Preventing illness and promoting health
- Illness, behaviour and the doctor-patient encounter
- Illness and disability
- Coping with illness and disability
- Hoe do health services work
- How do you fit into all this?
- Topics presented as self-contained double-page spreads.
- Cases throughout to reinforce understanding of important concepts.
- Boxes and discussion points throughout.
- The authors comprise psychologists, sociologists and doctors.
- Highly illustrated
- 48 new contributors
- New co-editor, Gerry Humphris
- 3 new chapters:
Malnutrition and obesity
Urban nature health and well-being
- Paperback: 193 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 4 edition (March 12, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0702062987
- ISBN-13: 978-0702062988