Post Views: 0
Psychotic Disorders – E-Book: Comorbidity Detection Promotes Improved Diagnosis And Treatment-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $99
By JEFFREY P. KAHN(Author), André Barciela Veras(Author), JEFFREY P. KAHN MD(Editor), André Barciela Veras MD PhD(Editor)
A counterintuitive and novel approach to the long-sought goal of subtyping schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders emerges from ongoing research. Five psychosis associated anxiety and depressive subtypes each help define five corresponding psychosis diagnoses, their fixed false beliefs, and most importantly, their treatments.
These anxiety and depressive comorbidities have long been long overlooked as an understandable hodgepodge of distressing symptoms caused by the pain of psychosis. But these five comorbidities usually precede onset of the psychosis, and their treatment can significantly improve outcome. So, maybe, the causation is the other way around: maybe they are among the underlying contributors to schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders.
The chapter authors expertly detail the data supporting this innovative approach. They provide fictional case studies, DSM-5 diagnostic criteria, specific interviewing approaches for the five comorbidities in psychosis patients, and improved treatment options. Other chapters explore psychoses related to substance use, medical illness and medical treatment, as well as other factors that contribute to psychotic disorders.
This first-of-its-kind reference is a valuable clinical, educational, research and training resource for psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, social workers, neurologists and anyone interested in the care and treatment of someone with a psychotic disorder.
- Reflects current research, diagnosis, and treatment options for:
- Schizophrenia with Voices and Panic Anxiety
- Obsessive-Compulsive Schizophrenia and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Persecutory Delusional Disorder and Social Anxiety
- Delusional Depression and Melancholic Depression
- Bipolar I Disorder and Atypical Depression
- Substance Use Psychoses
- Medical Illness and Iatrogenic Psychoses
- Covers treatment options and outcomes with medication and psychotherapy.
- Includes sample patient interview approaches and/or biological tests for each diagnosis.
- Highlights symptoms, quasi-psychotic symptoms and secondary signs of the comorbidities when alone, and when in conjunction with psychosis.
- Reviews diagnosis-specific significance and contributory roles of neurotransmitters, hypofrontality, psychological trauma, and genetics.
- Item Weight : 1.11 pounds
- Paperback : 160 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323683096
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323683098
- Dimensions : 6 x 9 inches
- Publisher : Saunders; 1st edition (December 18, 2020)
- Language: : English