Public Health 101: Improving Community Health 3rd Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $84
By Richard Riegelman(Author), Brenda Kirkwood(Author)
Size : 8.65 MB
From clean drinking water, to seat belts, to immunizations, the impact of public health on every individual is undeniable. For undergraduates, an understanding of the foundations of public health is an essential step toward becoming an educated citizen.
Public Health 101 provides a big-picture, population perspective on the determinants of health and disease and the tools available to protect and promote health. It examines the full range of options for intervention including use of the healthcare system, the public health system, and society-wide systems such as laws and taxation.
Through a unique set of case studies, vignettes, and extensive examples, readers will come away with a clear understanding of how public health affects them in their everyday lives. They will learn and apply frameworks for thinking about the issues of public health and gain a deeper understanding about the health news they are exposed to each day.
Public Health 101 remains the only introductory text to be built on the AAC&U Public Health 101 framework designed to introduce students to public health as well as health services. The text has
– Provides a unique set of case studies, an award-winning Navigate 2 product, and a breadth of frameworks, boxes, and tables to engage students and facilitate course development.
New to the Third Edition:
• New chapter on the future of public health that incorporates information on One Health as well as aging as a public health issue
• New case studies along with sample answers for instructors
• New short vignettes to engage students with sample answers for faculty
• Updates and new materials for the existing chapters including student questions to accompany the new materials
• Updated instructor ancillary materials including PowerPoint lecture slides, Test Bank, Instructor’s Manual as well as new sample answers for selected case studies and vignettes
• A framework for utilizing the 3rd edition to introduce the “Critical Component Elements” which are now required for CEPH accreditation of undergraduate majors
• A guide to evidence-based thinking designed to expand the use of the third edition for general education courses utilizing the AAC&U evidence-based thinking framework
- Paperback: 300 pages
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 3 edition (March 29, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1284118444
- ISBN-13: 978-1284118445