Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel 10th Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $81
By Judith Z. Kallenbach MSN RN CNN(Author)
Size : 11.45 MB
Get complete dialysis coverage and an excellent review for the certification exam! Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel, 10th Edition uses a concise Q&A format to cover the principles, diseases, and problems of dialysis treatment for kidney failure. A new chapter on case management of the patient with chronic kidney disease keeps you current with the latest in dialysis treatment and equipment. Dialysis expert Judy Kallenbach provides clear, easy-to-read guidelines that will apply to every member of the dialysis team, from technicians and nurses to social workers and patients.
- Comprehensive coverage provides the knowledge needed to care for dialysis patients and to prepare for the certification exam, with topics including a review of body fluids and electrolytes, infection control, transplantation, and key psychosocial aspects of dialysis treatment.
- Question-and-answer format makes learning easier and makes the book suitable for independent study.
- Multidisciplinary approach includes a chapter on the different roles in the hemodialysis team, describing how dialysis care is coordinated and what patients go through during their treatment.
- Easy-to-understand style introduces new terms and concepts without assuming prior knowledge of dialysis.
- Home Dialysis Therapies chapter describes the use of home dialysis treatment as a possible cost-cutting measure.
- Useful appendixes offer a quick reference to the sodium and potassium content of various foods, nephrology organizations and resources, a list of dialysis lab tests, a glossary, and more.
- Coverage of the entire lifespan helps you care for patients of different ages, with separate chapters on pediatric dialysis and end-stage renal disease in the elderly.
- 70 illustrations depict all aspects of dialysis treatment and care.
- NEW Case Management of the Chronic Kidney Disease Patient chapter is added.
- EXPANDED Patient Education Guidelines chapter adds coverage of motivational interviewing.
- EXPANDED Clinical Manifestations of Chronic Kidney Disease chapter adds pre-diabetes information.
- EXPANDED Psychosocial Aspects of Dialysis Therapy chapter adds information on patient care.
- UPDATED content includes new guidelines and information on medication.
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 10 edition (May 29, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 032364192X
- ISBN-13: 978-0323641920