Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2020-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $39
By Robert J. Kizior BS RPh (Author), Keith Hodgson (Author)
Size : 11.69 MB
The go-to guide for students and nurses alike to promote better patient care! Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2020 provides you with essential information on more than 1,000 generic and 4,000 trade name drugs. This handy user-friendly guide features updated Black Box Alerts and comprehensive coverage of IV drug administration, nursing considerations, and fixed combinations. It uniquely guides you through clinical priorities in the practice setting and is organized alphabetically by generic drug name for quick reference. Detailed information for each drug distinguishes side effects and adverse reactions and lists the effect or reaction by frequency of occurrence to allow the nurse to easily identify which are most likely to occur. Plus, new drug monographs cover approximately 32 newly approved drugs by the FDA; and thoroughly updated monographs include new interactions, precautions, and alerts.
- Over 1,000 generic name drugs (encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs) are organized alphabetically with A to Z tabs to make accessing important information quick and easy.
- Detailed information for each drug distinguishes side effects and adverse reactions to help you identify which are most likely to occur.
- Special text treatment for high-alert drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm, as well as an appendix for drug names that sound alike and look alike, help promote safe drug administration.
- UNIQUE! Frequently-used herb monographs and herb interactions keep you informed of the effects of commonly encountered herbs.Classifications s
- ection features an overview of actions and uses for drug families.T
- op 100 Drugs list helps you easily identify the most frequently administered drugs.N
- ursing implications are organized in a functional nursing process framework and include headings for Baseline Assessment, Intervention/Evaluation, and Patient/Family Teaching.
- Information on lifespan and disorder-related dosage variations equips you with special considerations for pediatric, geriatric, hepatic, and immune-or renal-compromised patients.
- Extensively expanded IV content features a heading for IV compatibilities and expanded rates of infusion, reconstitutions, drip rates, test doses, flushing, and incompatibilities.
- Fixed combinations are included in dosages of each combined drug directly within the individual monographs to help you understand different drug dose options for specific diseases.
- Cross-references to the 400 top U.S. brand-name drugs are located directly in the main section of the book for easier accessibility.
- Customizable and printable monographs for 100 of the most commonly used drugs and quarterly drug updates are located on the free Evolve companion site.
- Therapeutic and toxic blood level information shows students the patient implications for drug administration.
- Comprehensive IV Compatibility Chart foldout arms you with compatibility information for 65 intravenous drugs.
- Newly approved drugs are listed in the front of the book for quick and easy access to this timely information.
- Highlights the features of a sample drug monograph with callouts to help you understand how to use the book more efficiently.
- NEW! Drug monographs for approximately 32 newly approved drugs by the FDA equip you with the most current drug information.
- NEW! Updated monographs include new interactions, precautions, alerts, patient teaching instructions, and other need-to-know information helps prevent medication dispensing errors.
- Series: Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook
- Paperback: 1504 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 1 edition (March 29, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323677622
- ISBN-13: 978-0323677622