Sleep Medicine Pearls, 3rd Edition
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Sleep Medicine is a rapidly growing and changing field. Experienced sleep medicine clinicians and educators Richard B. Berry, MD and Mary H. Wagner, MD present the completely revised, third edition of Sleep Medicine Pearls featuring 150 cases that review key elements in the evaluation and management of a wide variety of sleep disorders. The cases are preceded by short fundamentals chapters that present enough basic information so that a physician new to sleep medicine can start reading page 1 and quickly learn the essential information needed to care for patients with sleep disorders. A concise, practical format makes this an ideal resource for sleep medicine physicians in active practice, sleep fellows learning sleep medicine, and physicians studying for the sleep boards.
• Zero in on the practical, “case-based” information you need to effectively interpret sleep studies (polysomnography, home sleep testing, multiple sleep latency testing), sleep logs, and actigraphy.
• Get clear, visual guidance with numerous figures and sleep tracings illustrating important concepts that teach the reader how to recognize important patterns needed to diagnose sleep disorders.
• Confer on the go with short, templated chapters-ideal for use by busy physicians. A combination of brief didactic material followed by case-based examples illustrates major points.
• Stay current with knowledge about the latest developments in sleep medicine by reading updated chapters using the new diagnostic criteria of the recently published International Classification of Sleep Disorder, 3rd Edition and sleep staging and respiratory event scoring using updated versions of the scoring manual of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events.
• Benefit from Drs. Berry and Wagner’s 25+ years of clinical experience providing care for patients with sleep disorders and educational expertise from presenting lectures at local, regional and national sleep medicine courses. Dr Berry was awarded the AASM Excellence in Education Award in 2010.
• Access the full contents online at ExpertConsult.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
Sleep disorders are among the most frequent health complaints physicians encounter: one third of adults experience occasional or persistent sleep problems. These disorders become a major health problem when they impair daytime functioning. Working in the format of the popular Pearls Series®, noted sleep medicine authority Dr. Richard Berry presents 100 cases that review the key elements in the evaluation and management of patients with a wide variety of sleep disorders.
- Series: Pearls Series
- Paperback: 704 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 3 edition (September 30, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455770515
- ISBN-13: 9781455770519