Spinal Injection Techniques 2nd Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $175
By Theodoros Theodoridis (Editor), Jürgen Krämer (Editor)
Size : 248.95 Mb
Written by a multidisciplinary team of experts, Spinal Injection Techniques presents the most effective methods for injecting pharmaceuticals to address acute and chronic pain originating from the cervical spine to the sacrum. This new, second edition has been extensively revised and updated with replacement of many images and addition of an extended chapter with tips and tricks on diagnostic and clinical examination. The authors’ emphasis is on techniques that represent viable alternatives to spine surgery and do not rely on diagnostic imaging.
The first section of the book provides a general overview of the basic principles, diagnostics, and causal as well as symptomatic pain therapy for the spine. The second section, created in an atlas format, includes chapters on spinal anatomy and pain signaling, techniques for injection therapy of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine, management of potential complications and side effects, and multimodal spine therapy. Illustrated using real-life photographs from the authors’ practice, each technique-related chapter guides the reader step-by-step and with great confidence through the injection procedures.
- Provides detailed coverage of injection therapy using anatomic landmarks, without the use of image guidance
- Features minimally invasive spine therapy for inpatient and outpatient settings, with concomitant pharmaceutical treatments
- Includes essential information on contraindications and patient consent
- More than 500 color illustrations and photographs demonstrating the relevant anatomy, patient positioning, and accurate needle placement
Conceived as a practical guide and useful compendium, Spinal Injection Techniques is invaluable for orthopedists and practitioners in physical medicine and rehabilitation. It is also a handy reference for anesthesiologists, neurologists, and rheumatologists with a specific interest in pain therapy for the spine.
- Hardcover: 308 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 2 edition (April 10, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3132414476
- ISBN-13: 978-3132414471