Strange and Schafermeyer’s Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Fourth Edition (Strange, Pediatric Emergency Medicine) – EPUB
ACHIEVE SUCCESSFUL OUTCOMES WITH THE MOST CLINICALLY FOCUSED GUIDE TO PEDIATRIC EMERGENCY MEDICINE
A Doody’s Core Title for 2015!
“…A comprehensive and current resource for anyone who cares for children in an acute setting.” — JAMA (review of previous edition)
Endorsed by the American College of Emergency Physicians, this thoroughly updated, full-color resource presents a complete overview of pediatric emergency medicine.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine begins with an essential symptom-based section on cardinal presentations that familiarizes you with crucial life-saving protocols. Subsequent sections cover all major categories of disease–from respiratory failure to pediatric hypertension–that present in children on an urgent or emergent basis.
- Broad scope of the text spans the entire spectrum of pediatric emergencies, from resuscitation and trauma, to gastrointestinal and psychosocial emergencies
- Over 100 diagnostic and treatment algorithms present an at-a-glance review of best practices for optimizing patient care
- 1200 color images show you what to expect and what to do
- Chapter-opening key points, followed by concise coverage of pathophysiology, offers incisive guidance on what needs to be done to effectively stabilize and treat the pediatric patient
- NEW! Chapter on foreign bodies offers an in-depth overview of this common pediatric problem
- NEW! Updated references throughout include the most recent pediatric emergency guidelines and recommendations from professional societies
- Series: Strange, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Hardcover: 1008 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Medical; 4 edition (December 15, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071829261
- ISBN-13: 9780071829267