Surgery for Cochlear and Other Auditory Implants
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Price $170 (Amazon)
This comprehensive, high-level surgical reference and atlas is tailored for surgeons who are undertaking training for cochlear implant procedures and implantable auditory devices and for experienced surgeons who would like to expand their knowledge, improve their skills and outcomes, and learn advanced surgical techniques.
Following the principle underlying Professor Sanna’s other successful publications, Surgery for Cochlear and Other Auditory Implants takes an integrated approach to anatomy, imaging, technology, decision making, surgical procedures described step by step, and clinical cases.
This book allows readers to:
- Improve the efficiency and outcomes of cochlear implantation and other auditory implant surgeries
- Learn the required basic and advanced surgical techniques
- Evaluate different surgical options and types of implants
- Review common and uncommon variations of anatomy and malformations
- Understand issues and surgical modifications unique to pediatric cochlear implantation, to revision surgery, and in postmeningitis, otosclerosis, and NF2 cases
- Find decision-making algorithms for difficult pathologies
- Examine common and not so common intraoperative dilemmas and identify strategies to resolve them
- Review preoperative assessment and set up and outcomes
- Find out about classification systems in cochlear implant failure, malformations, otosclerosis, and post meningitis
Supplementing the 1200 images within the book are 15 outstanding videos available on Thieme’s MediaCenter demonstrating the implantation of the different cochlear implantation devices that are currently available and the application of brainstem implants in these situations: tumor removal, malformation (missing auditory nerve in children), and cochlear ossification.
- Hardcover: 400 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (September 16, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3131764414
- ISBN-13: 9783131764416