Surgical Care of the Painful Degenerative Lumbar Spine: Evaluation, Decision-Making, Techniques-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $56
Size : 4.93 MB
The learning curve in the management of painful degenerative lumbar spine patients is steep because every case has singular characteristics. Surgical Care of the Painful Degenerative Lumbar Spine: Evaluation, Decision-Making, Techniques by Edgar Weaver reflects more than 35 years of neurosurgical practice devoted to refining degenerative spine disease evaluation and techniques. The book emphasizes and instructs a symptom-focused approach in the surgical decision-making process, with determinant radiographic features used mainly supportively.
The text begins with a thorough overview of anatomy, spino-pelvic and sagittal balance metrics, stabilization, and clinical evaluations. Throughout 11 chapters, step-by-step guidance is provided on therapeutic decision-making to achieve optimal individualized outcomes. From the fundamentals of open and minimally invasive techniques to the impact of socioeconomic factors on the treatment of PDLS patients, the authors offer invaluable firsthand insights.
- Discussion of techniques including en bloc laminectomy, the U-turn approach to root decompression, hemilaminectomy – a safe and versatile decompressive technique, and the lateral intra-muscular planar (LIMP) procedure
- The use of a descriptive clinical sub-classification system for low back pain and grading scale based on a simple testing maneuver
- Extensive post-operative care chapter emphasizes pain and infection control
- Challenges including chronic axial lumbar pain, post-operative junctional stress, sagittal imbalance, spondylolisthesis, and coronal deformity
Uniquely insightful, this concise guide covers the fundamental clinical and technical skills necessary to care for patients with degenerative lumbar spine pain. It is essential reading for neurosurgical and orthopedic residents, spine fellows, spine surgeons and all clinicians involved in administrating surgical and nonsurgical spine care.
- Paperback: 152 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (May 23, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626238065
- ISBN-13: 978-1626238060