Teaching in Nursing: A Guide for Faculty, 5e-Original PDF
Amazon Price $62
Set yourself up for success as a nurse educator with the award-winning Teaching in Nursing: A Guide for Faculty, 5th Edition. Recommended by the NLN for comprehensive CNE prep, this insightful text is the only one of its kind to cover all three components of teaching: instruction, curriculum, and evaluation. As it walks through the day-to-day challenges of teaching, readers will benefit from its expert guidance on key issues, such as curriculum and test development, diverse learning styles, the redesign of healthcare systems, and advancements in technology and information. This new edition contains all the helpful narrative that earned this title an AJN Book of the Year award, along with updated information on technology-empowered learning, the flipped classroom, interprofessional collaborative practice, and much more.
- Coverage of concept-based curricula includes strategies on how to approach and implement concept-based lessons.
- Extensive information on online education discusses the use of webinars and other practical guidance for effective online instruction.
- Evidence-based teaching boxes cover issues, such as: how to do evidence-based teaching; applications of evidence-based teaching; implications for faculty development, administration, and the institution; and how to use the open-ended application questions at the end of each chapter for faculty-guided discussion.
- Strategies to promote critical thinking and active learning are incorporated throughout the text, highlighting various evaluation techniques, lesson planning insights, and tips for developing examinations.
- Updated research and references address forward-thinking approaches to education and trends for the future.
- Guidance on teaching in diverse settings addresses topics such as the models of clinical teaching, teaching in interdisciplinary settings, how to evaluate students in the clinical setting, and how to adapt teaching for community-based practice.
- Strong focus on practical content ― including extensive coverage of curriculum development ― equips future educators to handle the daily challenges and opportunities of teaching.
- NEW! Chapter on Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice
- focuses on the collaboration of care across patient care providers, emphasizing clear communication and shared patient outcomes.
- NEW! Renamed unit on Curriculum as a Process better reflects the latest QSEN competencies and other leading national standards.
- NEW! Renamed unit on Technology-Empowered Learning covers the use of technology for learning ― including non-traditional course formats, active learning, flipped classrooms, and more.
- Paperback: 576 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 5 edition (December 15, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 032329054X
- ISBN-13: 978-0323290548