The Chick Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates and Alternate Stains: Featuring Neuromeric Divisions and Mammalian Homologies 2nd Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $142
By Luis Puelles MD PhD(Author), Margaret Martinez-de-la-Torre PhD(Author), Salvador Martinez PhD(Author), Charles Watson(Author), George Paxinos AO (BA MA PhD DSc) NHMRC(Author)
Size : 36.03 MB
This atlas – and its accompanying text – is the most comprehensive work on avian neuroanatomy available so far. It identifies more than 900 hundred structures (versus ca. 250 in previous avian atlases), 180 of them for the first time. It correlates avian and mammalian neuroanatomy on the basis of homologies and applies mammalian terms to homologous avian structures. This is the first atlas that represents the fundamental histogenetic domains of the vertebrate neuroaxis on the basis of sound fate-mapping and gene expression data. This results in a substantial increase in accuracy of delineations. Developmental molecular biologists will find it easier to extrapolate early neural tube patterns into mature structures. The modern trend to shift avian neuroanatomical nomenclature toward mammalian terminology by reference to postulated homologies has been expanded to the entire brain, but is not yet complete. This creates a new standard for comparative cross-reference, which can also be applied to reptilian-mammalian comparisons.
- Color photographs and matching diagrams of 65 coronal, 23 sagittal and 9 horizontal 140 micron-thick sections reacted histochemically for acetylcholinesterase (AChE).
- Thoroughly revised drawings. Updated view of the pallium, including the new concept of homology between the lateral pallium and the mammalian claustro-insular complex.
- Extensive introductory text and bibliography, presenting the background information, methodology and justification of delineations.
- For the first time in any species, this atlas depicts the fate-mapped natural embryonic boundaries in the postnatal brain. For the first time, we present color images of all the 6 histological stains (AChE, Nissl, TH, calbindin, calretinin and parvalbumin) on which delineations are based (accompanying Expert Consult eBook).
- Includes the Expert Consult eBook version, compatible with PC, Mac, and most mobile devices and eReaders, which allows readers to browse, search, and interact with content.
- The eBook also contains annotatable AI files of diagrams for use by researchers.
- Hardcover: 322 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 2 edition (January 11, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128160403
- ISBN-13: 978-0128160404