The Evolution of Molecular Biology: The Search for the Secrets of Life-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $64
Size : 17.92 MB
The Evolution of Molecular Biology: The Search for the Secrets of Life provides the historical knowledge behind techniques founded in molecular biology, also presenting an appreciation of how, and by whom, these discoveries were made. It deals with the evolution of intellectual concepts in the context of active research in an approachable language that accommodates readers from a variety of backgrounds. Each chapter contains a prologue and epilogue to create continuity and provide a complete framework of molecular biology. This foundational work also functions as a historical and conceptual supplement to many related courses in biochemistry, biology, chemistry, genetics and history of science.
In addition, the book demonstrates how the roots of discovery and advances–and an individual’s own research–have grown out of the history of the field, presenting a more complete understanding and context for scientific discovery.
- Expands on the development of molecular biology from the convergence of two independent disciplines, biochemistry and genetics
- Discusses the value of molecular biology in a variety of applications
- Includes research ethics and the societal implications of research
- Emphasizes the human aspects of research and the consequences of such advances to society
- Paperback: 242 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 1 edition (March 6, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128129174
- ISBN-13: 978-0128129173