The Eye : Basic Sciences in Practice 5th Edition- Retail PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $103
By John V. Forrester(Author), Andrew D. Dick(Author), Paul G McMenamin(Author), Fiona Roberts(Author), Eric Pearlman(Author)
The Eye: Basic Sciences in Practice provides highly accessible, one-stop coverage of all the essential basic science required by today’s ophthalmologists and optometrists in training. It is also core reading for those embarking on a career in visual and ophthalmic science, as well as an invaluable, current refresher for the range of practitioners working in this area.
Building on previous success, this fifth edition has been fully revised in line with current curricula, key research developments and clinical best practice. It succinctly incorporates critical developments in fast-moving fields related to the eye and vision, including genetics, pharmacology, microbiology, immunology, pathology, neurophysiology, neuroanatomy and imaging. Topical coverage includes:
- Major advances in the search for new genes underpinning disease in ophthalmology
- The emergence of new infections such as Ebola, Zika and COVID-19
- The importance of the gastrointestinal tract as an immune organ and its functional dependence on the microbiome
- Key aspects of melanopsin, melatonin and new ways of light sensing
Also, (print purchasers) benefit from access to the complete, fully searchable electronic text, with integrated video and other bonus materials to further explain and expand on key concepts. This combines to make The Eye a more flexible, comprehensive and engaging learning package than ever before.
- The only all-embracing textbook of the basic sciences suitable for trainee ophthalmologists, optometrists and vision scientists.
- Utilising an attractive page design with over 300 colour drawings and 200 photographs this is an attractive and accessible text to learn from.
- The text presents in a readable form an account of all the basic sciences necessary for an understanding of the eye – anatomy, embryology, genetics, biochemistry, physiology, pharmacology, immunology, microbiology and infection and pathology.
- Item Weight : 1.74 pounds
- Hardcover : 576 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-0702079931
- Publisher : Elsevier; 5th edition (December 31, 2020)
- Language: : English