The International Directory of National Archives-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $120
By Patricia C. Franks(Editor), Anthony Bernier(Editor)
Size : 52.76 MB
National Archives store materials relating to the history of a nation, usually operated by the government of that nation.
This is the first ever comprehensive source of information about national archives around the world covers the national archives of all 195 countries recognized by the United Nations (the 193 member states and the 2 that non-member observer states: The Holy See and the State of Palestine) as well as Taiwan (Republic of China).
Of the 196 countries, 54 are in Africa, 49 in Asia, 44 in Europe, 33 in Latin America and the Caribbean, 14 in Oceania, and 2 in Northern America. All countries maintain a repository for government and historical records; whether all allow public access will be determined through research for this work. The National Archives of all 196 countries will be included in this work (see Appendix A).
Each entry contains:
- general information about the archive and when it is open to researchers (if applicable),
- historical information about the institution and how it developed,
- information about the archives today (its mission, functions, organization, services, and a description of its physical and digital infrastructures), and
- a current focus section spotlighting one part of the collection’s holdings.
- Hardcover: 448 pages
- Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers (August 10, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1442277424
- ISBN-13: 978-1442277427