The Surgical Handbook-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $69
By Michael Karsy(Author), Hussam Abou-Al-Shaar(Author), Jian Guan(Author)
Size : 36.18 MB
A patient-focused practical handbook for rapid acquisition of broad surgical knowledge
The Surgical Handbook by Michael Karsy and esteemed colleagues addresses training gaps by exposing early trainees, medical students, residents, advanced practice providers, and non-specialists to a diverse array of surgical subspecialty diseases and acute management topics. The impressive breadth of content presented in this resource reflects multidisciplinary contributions. The text covers far more than existing medical handbooks, while featuring concise distillation of key points conducive to learning.
The book is organized by 16 sections starting with general perioperative and operative management of topics that apply to all surgeons, such as critical care, trauma, and general surgery. Subsequent chapters encompass a full spectrum of surgical specialties—from vascular and cardiothoracic—to neurosurgery and orthopaedics, as well as handy evidence-based reference guides. The focused collection of topics within each section serves as a useful resource for learning about management of specific diseases and also a starting point for self-directed learning.
- Bullet points, illustrations, diagrams, and figures enhance rapid acquisition of knowledge
- Tables on acute diagnosis and management of common inpatient scenarios such as electrolyte and acid/base disturbances provide easy-to-use tools
- Clinical references include practice pearls on trauma management, key medications for common inpatient conditions, acute patient events (e.g. cardiac and stroke), anesthesia and intubation medications, and preoperative and post-anesthesia issues
This backpack companion will benefit medical students and junior surgical residents during rotations and clerkships and help early-career clinicians gain insights into timely disease recognition, initial management, surgical risks, and when to make referrals.
- Item Weight : 2.6 pounds
- Paperback : 528 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1684201284
- ISBN-13 : 978-1684201280
- Product Dimensions : 6.9 x 1 x 9.8 inches
- Publisher : Thieme; 1st Edition (July 29, 2020)
- Language: : English