The Use of Mass Spectrometry Technology (MALDI-TOF) in Clinical Microbiology-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $125
Size : 4.21 MB
The Use of Mass Spectrometry Technology (MALDI-TOF) in Clinical Microbiology presents the state-of the-art for MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. It is a key reference defining how MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry is used in clinical settings as a diagnostic tool of microbial identification and characterization that is based on the detection of a mass of molecules. The book provides updated applications of MALDI-TOF techniques in clinical microbiology, presenting the latest information available on a technology that is now used for rapid microbial identification at relatively low cost, thus offering an alternative to conventional laboratory diagnosis and proteomic identification systems.
Although the main use of the technology has, until now, been identification or typing of bacteria from a positive culture, applications in the field of virology, mycology, microbacteriology and resistances are opening up new opportunities.
- Presents updated applications of MALDI-TOF techniques in clinical microbiology
- Describes the use of mass spectrometry in the lab, the principles of the technology, preparation of samples, device calibration and maintenance, treatment of microorganisms, and quality control
- Presents key information for researchers, including possible uses of the technology, differences between devices, how to interpret results, and future applications
- Covers the topic in a systematic and comprehensive manner that is useful to both clinicians and researchers
- Paperback: 298 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 1 edition (August 31, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128144513
- ISBN-13: 978-0128144510