The Washington Manual of Bedside Procedures-EPUB
Amazon Price $27
Concise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual of Bedside Procedures focuses on the essential information you need for the preparation, performance, and aftercare of invasive bedside procedures. This practical reference presents brief, logical approaches to invasive procedures commonly performed by most housestaff, with an emphasis on internal medicine and surgery. Using a colorful, step-by-step approach, it provides a clear view of the challenges faced by residents, interns, and medical students, plus offers practical solutions and expert guidance – all in one convenient and easily accessible source.
- Offers step-by-step guidance on the indications, contraindications, technique, and potential complications of a variety of invasive bedside procedures.
- Includes comprehensive coverage of central venous cannulation, radial arterial line placement, endotracheal intubation, lumbar puncture, abdominal paracentesis, thoracentesis, and knee arthrocentesis, as well as universal protocols and precautions.
- Provides commentary on the safety and contraindications of the procedures based on the latest evidence-based data.
- Discusses the use, potential benefits, and technique of ultrasound guidance for certain procedures, as well as fluid analysis, where appropriate.
- Spiral-bound: 58 pages
- Publisher: LWW; 1 Lam Spi edition (February 5, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 149632370X
- ISBN-13: 978-1496323705