Transgenerational Epigenetics, Volume 13 (Translational Epigenetics) 2nd Edition-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $190
Size : 32.73 MB
Transgenerational Epigenetics, Second Edition, offers the only up-to-date, comprehensive analysis of the inheritance of epigenetic phenomena between generations with an emphasis on human disease relevance, drug discovery, and next steps in clinical translation. International experts discuss mechanisms of epigenetic inheritance, its expression in animal and plant models, and how human ailments, such as metabolic disorders and cardiovascular disease are influenced by transgenerational epigenetic inheritance. Where evidence is sufficient, epigenetic clinical interventions are proposed that may help prevent or reduce the severity of disease before offspring are born.
This edition has been thoroughly revised in each disease area, featuring newly researched actors in epigenetic regulation, including long noncoding RNA in addition to histone modifications and DNA methylation. Therapeutic pathways in treating cancer and extending human longevity are also considered, as are current debates and future directions for research.
- Presents a fully-updated and expanded release addressing transgenerational epigenetics, epigenetic mechanisms of gene regulation, and the role of epigenetics in human longevity and cancer
- Examines the field from “bench-to-bedside”, discussing basic science, disease management, current debates, and next steps in epigenetic research and drug discovery
- Features chapter contributions from international experts
- Series: Translational Epigenetics (Book 13)
- Paperback: 518 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 2 edition (June 4, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128163631
- ISBN-13: 978-0128163634