By William J. Reagan (Author), Armando R. Irizarry Rovira (Author), Dennis B. DeNicola (Author)
Size : 26.89 MB
Now in its third edition, Veterinary Hematology: Atlas of Common Domestic and Non-Domestic Species continues to offer veterinarians and veterinary technicians an essential guide to veterinary hematology. Comprehensive in scope, the atlas presents the fundamentals of both normal and abnormal blood cell morphologies, with coverage of a wide range of species, including dogs, cats, horses, ruminants, llamas, rats, mice, nonhuman primates, ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, birds, amphibians, and reptiles.
Designed as a useful and accessible guide, the updated third edition presents more than 300 color images and includes a new chapter that describes the best techniques for using hematology instruments. The authors—noted experts on the topic—clearly show how to identify and interpret the hematological changes that may occur in a variety of species. In addition, a companion website offers a wealth of additional hematological images. This vital atlas:
• Provides an updated edition of the popular veterinary hematology atlas for veterinarians, veterinary students, and veterinary technicians
• Contains a new instructive chapter on hematology instrumentation
• Presents hundreds of high-quality color photographs that help in identification
• Covers a range of species from dogs and cats to birds and reptiles
• Features a companion website that provides a wealth of additional hematological images
Written for both novice and experienced veterinarians, Veterinary Hematology provides a complete resource to blood morphologic abnormalities in domestic and non-domestic species.