Wearable Technology in Medicine and Health Care-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $150
Size : 8.73 MB
Wearable Technology in Medicine and Health Care provides readers with the most current research and information on the clinical and biomedical applications of wearable technology. Wearable devices provide applicability and convenience beyond many other means of technical interface and can include varying applications, such as personal entertainment, social communications and personalized health and fitness. The book covers the rapidly expanding development of wearable systems, thus enabling clinical and medical applications, such as disease management and rehabilitation. Final chapters discuss the challenges inherent to these rapidly evolving technologies.
- Provides state-of-the-art coverage of the latest advances in wearable technology and devices in healthcare and medicine
- Presents the main applications and challenges in the biomedical implementation of wearable devices
- Includes examples of wearable sensor technology used for health monitoring, such as the use of wearables for continuous monitoring of human vital signs, e.g. heart rate, respiratory rate, energy expenditure, blood pressure and blood glucose, etc.
- Covers examples of wearables for early diagnosis of diseases, prevention of chronic conditions, improved clinical management of neurodegenerative conditions, and prompt response to emergency situations
- Paperback: 340 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 1 edition (August 10, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128118105
- ISBN-13: 978-0128118108