Work Stress Induced Chronic Diseases in Construction: Discoveries using data analytics (Spon Research)-Original PDF
The mentioned format should be available on one or more of the websites below. For more information That Which websites has the exact format you need to contact us.
Amazon Kobo ebooks OpenDrive Hive booktopia
Amazon Price $165
By Imriyas Kamardeen(Author)
Size : 21.89 MB
This book aims to fill a gap in the current construction health and safety research and discover new knowledge about work stress induced chronic diseases among construction industry professionals. In achieving these aims, the book investigates:
- the nature and extent of psychosocial stressors experienced by construction professionals, stress management tactics applied and the impact on mental health
- the prevalence and occurrence patterns of serious chronic conditions such as insomnia, obesity, musculoskeletal disorders and vision impairment
- aetiological pathways from job stressors through chronic diseases to job performance.
While there are many studies, policies and regulations aiming to look after the health of construction workers, little attention is paid to construction professionals. By applying advanced analytical methods to data collected in a national survey of construction professionals in Australia, the author presents new scientific evidence which can be used to help establish equitable workers’ compensation treatments and outcomes for construction professionals in line with other professions. Moreover, the research and analysis are underpinned by theories and literature from public health and epidemiological disciplines in addition to literature from construction, and work health, safety and wellbeing domains. It is essential reading for any health policy makers and researchers in the fields of health and safety and construction management.
- ISBN : 978-0367633028
- Publisher : Routledge; 1st edition (April 9, 2021)
- Publication date : April 9, 2021
- Language : English