Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society Core Curriculum: Continence Management 2nd Edition-EPUB+Converted PDF
The mentioned format should be available on one or more of the websites below. For more information That Which websites has the exact format you need to contact us.
Amazon Kobo ebooks OpenDrive Hive booktopia
Amazon Price $89
By JoAnn Ermer-Seltun(Author), Sandy Engberg(Author)
Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society Core Curriculum Continence Management, 2nd Edition
Based on the curriculum blueprint of the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing Education Programs (WOCNEP) and approved by the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society™ (WOCN®), this practical text for continence care is your perfect source for expert guidance, training and wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) certification exam preparation.
Full of expert advice, fundamental principles and vital clinical skills on continence care, Core Curriculum Continence Management, 2nd Edition is one of the few nursing texts to cover this practice area in detail.
Chapter features include: Objectives at the start of each chapter, Key Points that expand on important concepts, Tables that offer clinical guidelines and care strategies, Case Studies that optimize clinical decision-making, and End-of-Chapter Review Q&A’s — multiple choice questions followed by answers and rationales.
This is essential content for those seeking WOC certification or recertification; nursing students in continence programs; nurses involved in continence care; nurses in gastroenterology, urology, and surgical nursing; graduate nursing students and nursing faculty.
Incorporating the latest developments in clinical practice, this evidence-based content is your complete map to gaining WOC certification — and to providing safe, optimal patient care.
Follow evidence-based best practices with the optimal WOCN practice and study guide …
- NEW chapter on professional practice
- NEW chapter on incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD)
- NEW content on the fundamentals of bladder and bowel management, and advance pelvic health considerations for the APRN continence nurse
- NEW content on special populations – bariatrics, morbidly obese, patients with disabilities
- Written by nursing experts – authorized by the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society™ (WOCN®)
- Fully illustrated, easy-to-follow format – breaks down pathology, physiology and patient management topics into easy-to-remember terms
- In-depth discussion of normal bowel function – followed by chapters on motility disorders, and pediatric fecal incontinence and bowel dysfunction
- Evidence-based guidelines for continence care, including:
- Nursing management fundamentals
- Primary and advanced assessments of patients with urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction
- Overactive bladder/urgency urinary incontinence (UI) – pathology, presentation, diagnosis and management
- Lower urinary tract symptoms in men
- Advanced pelvic health for women – chronic pelvic pain syndromes, pelvic organ prolapse and vesicovaginal fistula
- Pathology, assessment and management of UI and lower urinary tract symptoms in the older adult
- Appropriate use of containment devices, absorbent products and adaptive aides
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) prevention and management in adults
Your purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook. The eBook includes powerful search tools, the ability to annotate
content, videos, and additional resources. It can be downloaded to three devices, and easily converted to an audiobook.
About the Editors
JoAnn Ermer-Seltun, MS, RN, ARNP, FNP-BC, CWOCN, CFCN is a WOC Nurse Clinician at MercyOne North Iowa in Mason City, Iowa. She is President, Co-Director and Faculty at WEB WOC Nursing Education Programs in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has in-depth knowledge of the information needed by WOC nursing students. She has a number of publications and presentations in the area of WOC nursing.
Sandra Engberg, PhD, CRNP, FAAN is a Professor and Associate Dean for Graduate Clinical Education in the School of Nursing at the University of Pittsburgh. She is the Continence Section Editor of the Journal of Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing (JWOCN®). She is a member of the Nursing Committee of the International Continence Society and Director of the School of Nursing, part of the ICS Institute. She has conducted several randomized controlled trials focusing on interventions for urinary incontinence in older adults and women.
- Publisher : LWW; Second, North American edition (May 8, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 608 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975164539
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975164539